Saturday, May 16, 2009

Mother's Day Layouts

I have so much yard work, painting, and quilting to do that I really don't have a lot of time right now to do much scrapping. But when I saw the new releases at Sweet Shoppe Designs this morning, I found several "must have" items. And A Mother's Love Quick Page Album was at the top of the list. It's so easy to do a layout with quick pages, I had two pages done before I even ate breakfast!

The album was created by Carrie Lee with Melissa Bennett's A Mother's Love Page Kit.
I used photos from Mother's Day when we were visiting Jenny, Jarrod, and Trenton in Virginia.

I used Pea Heather font on this one. And sorry about the flowers guys, but what do you expect from an album called A Mother's Love?? Haha!

I used Pea Carrie font on this one and the Happy Mother's Day word art is a freebie from Tina Chambers.

Letters in Trenton's Nursery

And here are the letters in their place on the wall in Trenton's nursery.

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Letters for Trenton's Nursery

I just finished painting these letters for my grandson's nursery. They kind of match the bedding in his nursery (if you overlook my wobbly lines)...haha!

Dad's Birthday Gift

I did this layout at as hybrid project for my dad for his birthday. He is the middle boy in the photo and the other two boys are his brothers.

I blended 3 backgrounds from:
Irene Alexeeva - Cloud #9
Irene Alexeeva - Heart Bits
Irene Alexeeva - Reverie

Remaining Credits:
Swirl - Irene Alexeeva - Reverie
"Treasured" Alpha - Jenny Binder - English Garden
Family Tag - Irene Alexeeva - Orangina
Bow - Irene Alexeeva - Baby Doll
"Family" font - 2Peas Evergreen
"Heirlooms" - made by me with Beautiful ES font and a Super Blade Pro effect
"Sweet" Alpha - Tina Chambers - Copper Penny Alpha
"Family" Alpha - Ronna Penner - Memories of Yesterday Lite
Staples - Irene Alexeeva - Arabian Fairytale
"Memories" Tag - Irene Alexeeva - Antique Patio
Heart - Irene Alexeeva - Reverie
"Memories" Font - Echelon

Font for remaining text - Andalus

I printed the layout, sprayed it with a few coats of clear acrylic sealer and then Mod Podged it onto an 8x10 artist's canvas. Then I covered the sides of the canvas with a canvas-like fabric that matched the layout.

Here's a photo of the finished project:

And this is a side view so you can see how I finished the edges: